Meaning and Origin of: Lucia
According to Social Security Administration data, Lucia has been fairly stagnant since breaking the top in It has remained between and , reaching a peak rank of in
However, it is the 4th most popular name on FamilyEducation.com.
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Lucia was at its peak popularity in October
Lucia, while always popular in Spain, is just now gaining momentum in America. In the 4th century, Saint Lucia was a martyr who had her eyes gouged out, making her the patron saint of the blind. The rise can be partially attributed to the large number of celebrities who have chosen Lucia for their daughters: James Joyce, Mira Sorvino, Giovanni Ribisi, Mel Gibson, and Sasha Alexander and Eduardo Pointi. Another reason is due notable namesakes, such as novelist Lucía Etxebarría, scientist Lucia Galeazzi Galvani, and violinist Lucia Micarelli. Though not overly common in pop culture, Lucia has been a popular character choice for literary works.
Where is it Popular?
Lucia was searched for most often in the following states:
Nicknames for Lucia
Pairs well with these middle names
Meaning & History
DiminutivesLucetta, Lucilla(Italian)Lucilla(Ancient Roman)
Masculine FormsLucio(Italian)Lucius(English)Loukios, Lucius(Ancient Roman)
Other Languages & CulturesLlúcia(Catalan)Lucija(Croatian)Lucie(Czech)Luus(Dutch)Lucie, Luce, Lucette, Lucile, Lucille, Lucinde(French)Luca, Lúcia(Hungarian)Lcija(Latvian)Luus(Limburgish)Lucinda(Literature)Liucija(Lithuanian)ucja(Polish)Lúcia, Lucinda, Luzia(Portuguese)Liùsaidh(Scottish)Lucija(Slovene)Lucía, Luz, Lucila(Spanish)
Same SpellingLúcia, Lucía
User SubmissionsLúcía, Lucìa
People think this name is
classic formal upper class natural wholesome refined strange serious nerdy
Aphra Behn characters, Atelier characters, countries, Desperate Housewives characters, Elder Scrolls characters, feminine forms, Fire Emblem characters, light, Louisa May Alcott characters, Lunar characters, martyrs, Megami Tensei characters, never out of the US top , Orthodox saints, Oscar Wilde characters, Resident Evil Gaiden characters, saints, Shadow Hearts characters, Suikoden characters, top 10 in Galicia, YouTubers, Ys characters
Lucia Origin and Meaning
A variety of references include Santa Lucia, a fourth century martyr who was revered in the Middle Ages and the Caribbean island named for her, and the tragic opera Lucia di Lammermoor by Gaetano Donizetti.
Lucia has for several years ranked as the Number 1 name in Spain. It was chosen for their daughters by James Joyce, Mira Sorvino, Giovanni Ribisi, Mel Gibson, and Sasha Alexander and Eduardo Pointi, among others.
Lucia Rank in US Top
20 Names Similar to Lucia
Famous People Named Lucia
- Lucia Maria RanieraPrincess of Bourbon,Two Sicilies; Duchess of Genoa; Duchess of Ancona
- Lucia CifarelliAmerican lead singer of band KMFDM
- Lucía EtxebarríaSpanish novelist
- Lucia Elizabeth Vestris (born Elizabetta Lucia Bartolozzi)British actress and theatre manager
- Lucia Galeazzi GalvaniItalian scientist
- Lucia PoppSlovakian operatic soprano
- Lucia MicarelliAmerican violinist
- Lucia AngerGerman skier
- Lucia Joycedaughter of novelist James Joyce
- Lucia ChaseAmerican ballerina; cofounder of American Ballet Theatre
- Lucia Roberta "Lucy" Tough BronzeEnglish football player
- Lucía "Lucy" Vives (b. )daughter of Colombian singer Carlos Vives
- Lucia Santina Ribisi (b. )daughter of actor Giovanni Ribisi
- Lucia Colosimo (b. )daughter of actors Jane Hall and Vince Colosimo
- Lucia de la Calle (b. )daughter of singer Natalie Merchant and Daniel de la Calle
- Lucia Sofia Ponti (b. )daughter of actress Sasha Alexander and Eduardo Ponti
- Lucia Sanders (b. )daughter of TV personality Ed Sanders; triplet of sisters Scarlette and Azure
- Lucia Gibson (b. )daughter of actor Mel Gibson
- Lucia Rose Mariano (b. )daughter of reality TV's Rob and Amber Mariano
- Lucia Bella Benet (b. )daughter of musician Eric Benet
- Lucia Backus (b. )daughter of actors Mira Sorvino and Christopher Backus
- Lucia Gotchdaughter of actress Alexandra Pigg and producer Tarquin Gotch
- Lucia Stella Florez (b. )daughter of tenor Juan Diego Florez
- Lucia Martine Intal (b. )daughter of actress Bianca Gonzalez and basketball player J.C. Intal
- Lucia MartinYosef (b. ), daughter of Pueto Rican singer, actor, & author Ricky Martin & Syrian,Swedish artist Jwan Yosef
- Lucia "Lucy" Honeychurchmain character in the novel A Room With A View
- "Lucia di Lammermoor" opera by Gaetano Donizetti and its main character
- Emmeline "Lucia" Lucascharacter in the Mapp and Lucia series by E.F. Benson
- Luciawhat Capt Gregg calls Lucy Muir in "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"
- Luciaa Gamemaker in The Hunger Games movie (not mentioned in the novel)
- Lucia Damoracharacter in Morgan Rhodes' "Falling Kingdoms"
- Luciacharacter in video games Contra and Neo Contra
- Lucia Morgancharacter in video game Final Fight 3
- Luciacharacter in the Fire Emblem video games
- Lucia Raregroovecharacter in manga/anime series "Rave Master"
- Luciacharacter in video games Suikoden II and III
- Lucia von Bardascharacter in Marvel Comics
- Luciacharacter in video game "Pangya"
- Luciacharacter in video game "Lunar: Eternal Blue"
- Lucia Nanamimain character in manga/anime "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch"
- Queen Luciacharacter on TV's "Elena of Avalor"
- Can also be pronounced LUTZia.
- Lucia Volnerocharacter in the Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly
More Lists containing Lucia
What Is The Meaning Of The Name Lucia?
Meaning of the name Lucia, analysis of the name Lucia and so much more What does Lucia mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Please use the quick menu.
Information About The Name Lucia
Gender of the name Lucia: Girl
Color of the name Lucia: BluePink
Origin of the name Lucia: Spanish
Prononciation Of Lucia
Here is how to pronounce the name Lucia:
The Meaning Of The Name Lucia
Definition of Lucia: lightMeaning of Lucia: Feminine form of LUCIUS. Saint Lucia was a 4th-century martyr from Syracuse. She was said to have had her eyes gouged out, and thus is the patron saint of the blind. She was widely revered in the Middle Ages, and her name has been used throughout Christian Europe (in various spellings). It has been used in the England since the 12th century, usually in the spellings Lucy or Luce.
Statistics Of The Name Lucia
How many people in the U.S have the name Lucia: 63,
Rank of the name Lucia in the U.S.: rd
How many letters are in the name Lucia? 5
Below you can find the rankings of Lucia in different countries.
|England and Wales|
The Picture Of The Name Lucia
Consider your name Lucia as a picture. How would it look like? This will be funny! Using the meaning of Lucia, we prepared this picture. Do not bother the gender. =)
Numerology Of The Name Lucia
In the table below, you can find the letters that the name Lucia contains and its alphabet numbers. After you sum up these numbers, it is your name numerology number.
Destination Number Of The Name Lucia
To calculate the destiny number of the name Lucia, please look at the table below. There is a number for each letters of the name Lucia. Add up these numbers and thats your destiny number.
l (3) + u (3) + c (3) + i (9) + a (1) = => 1+9 = 10 => 1+0 = 1
Destiny Number: 1. Here is your name analysis according to your destiny number.
Lucia Destiny AnalysisYou have great respect for your parents and dote on your own children. You love your home. Family life is very important to you. If born during the evening, you are tempted to a more hectic life than those born during the day.
Analysis Of The Name Lucia
Here is the analysis of the name Lucia.
|L||You have the most talented personality. You can be talented in so many different areas like art, sports and education.|
|U||You dont like rushing in your life. You want to stay calm and do what you do one by one, slowly.|
|C||You are very emotional and you are interested in fine arts.|
|İ||You are the most emotional person. Your heart can be easly broken and you are very sensitive.|
|A||Your sense of analyzing life is stronger. You are known as a reasonable person.|
Lucia Character Analysis of MeaningHere is the characteristics of Lucia in details.
- In association your tendency to state your mind simply and clearly, without diplomacy or finesse, can lead to awkwardness or embarrassment.
- The name of Lucia indicates you are a diligent and persevering worker who enjoys a routine occupation where you can do a job well and finish what you start.
- You could become frustrated and thwarted in your efforts if too many changes or disruptions occur.
- It is difficult for you to be spontaneous and affectionate with those close to you, as suitable words and actions do not come to mind quickly.
- Also, you do not appreciate people enforcing new methods or ideas on you, as you like to examine all the details before making changes.
- Your fondness for excess quantities of heavy, starchy foods could cause stomach or intestinal disorders; you could also suffer with head tension, affecting the eyes, ears, sinus, throat, or loss of hair.
- You like to work at your own speed, without pressure, as you prefer to take your time to work step by step in your own way.
Can I Name My Baby Lucia?
Yes you can name your baby Lucia!
List Of Celebrities With First Name Lucia
We looked for the celebrities whose first name is Lucia and the definitions which contains the name Lucia or similar to it. You can find the results below.
Lucia: Lucia may refer to:
Lucian: Lucian of Samosata (/ˈluːʃən, ˈluːsiən/; Ancient Greek: Λουκιανὸς ὁ Σαμοσατεύς, Latin: Lucianus Samosatensis; c.
Luciano Pavarotti: Luciano Pavarotti, Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI (Italian pronunciation: [luˈtʃano pavaˈrɔtti]; 12 October – 6 September ) was an Italian operatic tenor who also crossed over into popular music, eventually becoming one of the most commercially successful tenors of all time.
Luciano Berio: Luciano Berio, Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI (October 24, – May 27, ) was an Italian composer.
Luciano: Luciano is an Italian, Spanish and Portuguese given name and surname.
Lucian Freud: Lucian Michael Freud, OM, CH (/ˈluː.si.ən ˈfrɔɪd/; 8 December – 20 July ) was a German-born British painter.
Luciano Tesi: Luciano Tesi (born ) is an Italian astronomer, and director of the San Marcello Pistoiese Observatory He is a prolific discoverer of asteroids.
Lucia di Lammermoor: Lucia di Lammermoor is a dramma tragico (tragic opera) in three acts by Gaetano Donizetti. Salvadore Cammarano wrote the Italian language libretto loosely based upon Sir Walter Scotts historical novel The Bride of Lammermoor.
Lucia Popp: Lucia Popp (born Lucia Poppová; 12 November – 16 November ) was a Slovak operatic soprano. She began her career as a soubrette soprano, and later moved into the light-lyric and lyric coloratura soprano repertoire and then the lighter Richard Strauss and Wagner operas.
Lucia in Arabic Writing
If you want to see your name in Arabic calligraphy below you can find Lucia in Arabic letters.
Lucia in Chinese Characters
If you want to see your name in Chinese below you can find Lucia in Chinese letters.
Lucia in Japanese Katakana (Letters)
If you want to see your name in Japanese below you can find Lucia in Japanese letters.
Lucia in Egyptian Hieroglyphics
Here you can see the name Lucia in Hieroglyphics (ancient Egyptian)
How To Say Lucia in American Sign Language
This section will show you how to say the name Lucia in American Sign Language and you can meet with deaf peaple and introduce yourself.
Search Another Name?
Not just Lucia meaning right? Do not stop! Search another name
Name origin lucia
.Indigenous Names of the Caribbean Islands
You will also be interested:
- Keurig rivo cup
- Data solutions analyst salary
- Isaiah 14 niv
- Restraining meaning in tamil
- 60 ansi lumens
- Republic tobacco customer service
- Dr steven levine wife
- Comal county appraisal