Wii U Wiki Guide
- Trying to clean your system using methods such as putting the system into water, or pouring water on the screen directly WILL BREAK IT.
What to do:
- Wet a soft cotton cloth just ever so slightly with ONLY water then gently wipe off the screen (recommended you do gentle circle motions) and other dust on the gamepad.
- Use a dry cloth, and wipe the gamepad and screen completely dry. If you do not dry it completely, the water droplets will make dry marks on your screen.
- Optional: Use a loop of transparent tape, apply on any leftover dust, then remove.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Recommended: If you happen to have a cleaning cloth licensed by Nintendo or any other qualified company, use the cloth gently, failure to clean gently may cause a punctured screen on the gamepad or minor scratches. DO NOT try to clean the cloth with water or any other substances. If the cloth is cleaned with any of these materials, the cloth may lose it's cleaning ability.
Sword Expert Rates Rey and Kylo's Lightsaber Skills
What to Do If Your Wii or Wii U Is Unable to Read a Disc
Sometimes, a Wii or Wii U is unable to read a disc; other times, a game will freeze or crash. Occasionally, the console won't play a disc at all. Before you throw the disc—or the console—out the window, a couple of easy fixes may get you back to your game.
What to Do If a Single Disc Won't Play
If a disc won't play properly, start by checking the disc. A flaw in the disc could prevent the console from reading it. Hold the bottom side of the disc to the light to see any smudges or scratches.
If a smudge is the culprit, cleaning the disc often fixes the problem. Use a microfiber cloth like the ones used to clean eyeglasses. Or, use a tissue that doesn't include lotion of any kind. Gently rub the smudged spot. When using a tissue, steam the spot with your breath first.
Don't exert more force than necessary; it's a flimsy disc.
When the disc looks clean, put it in the console. If it doesn't work, find a brighter light and look again. Small scratches and smudges are difficult to find.
A scratch on a disc is more problematic. If the disc is a game you just bought, take it back where you purchased it and exchange it for another one. Otherwise, polish out the scratch to fix a scratched CD. Use a home remedy such as toothpaste, furniture polish, or petroleum jelly to fix the scratch. There are also CD repair kits that include a machine that buffs out scratches for you.
Some older Wii consoles have trouble with dual-layer discs, which pack more information onto the disc. Games that use dual-layer discs include Xenoblade Chronicles and the Metroid Prime Trilogy. If your Wii has trouble reading a dual-layer disc, use a lens-cleaning kit to clean the lens in the console.
If you cleaned the disc and the game console and the disc still won't play, the disc may be bad.
Use the right disc for the console. The Wii and Wii U are different consoles. The Wii U is backward compatible, it plays Wii games. The Wii isn't forward compatible, a Wii U disc cannot be played on a Wii.
What to Do If No Discs Will Play
Cleaning the console with a lens-cleaning kit is your first step if the console isn't reading discs at all. The problem may just be a dirty lens.
If cleaning the lens doesn't help, perform a system update.
If cleaning and updating don't do anything, contact Nintendo.
Thanks for letting us know!
- Purolator location
- Steam wallet g2a
- Infinity necklace black diamond
- Posing doll for photography
- Fred bean cadillac
How do you clean your wii u?
- Sign up and start earning Nintendo Switch eShop cards today, chill with members in the community and participate in giveaways.
I usually just get a baby wipe (we by baby wipes...yet there's no baby in the house 0_0) and a soft dry towel to clean mine. I wipe it down and gently dry it off. I do the Wiimotes the same way, along with my handhelds.
I just wipe any dust off of the console with my hand, and I don't really clean the GamePad unless there's a particularly stubborn smudge.
U cleaning wii
.Wii U Invalid Disc Fix - Disc Drive Repair - Grinding Noise
- Obm wellness
- Cool eyebrows for guys
- Wired doorbell camera
- Re stand for
- Bowie shooting
- Cedar crest auburn
- 98 cr 80
- Cars diecast
- Creepypasta voice lines