Submit Your Ebook
Think you’re ready to send your book to Apple? Make sure you’ve done everything on this list:
- Check your agreement. In order to publish your book to Apple Books, you need an active Free or Paid Books Agreement. Go to Agreements, Tax, and Banking in iTunes Connect and make sure your agreement status is active and there aren’t any pending steps in the Action column.
- Prepare your files. When you're ready to submit your full book, check your files to make sure they comply with our Apple Books Formatting Guidelines and Apple Books Asset Guide. You need:
- Validate your book. Book validation is a final check to clear your files of any problems that may arise during the submission process. If you created your book in iBooks Author or Pages, it automatically goes through validations during the publishing workflow. If you created an EPUB in another book creation app, it’s a good idea to use an EPUB validator tool to make sure your files are free of issues. Learn more about book validation.
- Submit your book. Finally, choose how to get your book to Apple. If you created your book in iBooks Author or Pages, use the publishing workflow within the app to ensure we receive all required information and your books pass through Apple validations. Learn more about publishing with Pages or iBooks Author. If you used another book creation tool, use iTunes Producer or the Apple Books Publishing Portal to send your book to us.
Note: Book creation is moving to Pages. As of July 1, 2020, iBooks Author will no longer be available to new users. iBooks Author can still be used on macOS 10.15 and earlier, but there will be no new updates. Learn more.
Access resources to help format, publish, and manage your book on Apple Books.
Preparing Your Books
Detailed instructions for creating and preparing your books for Apple Books.
Learn about compliance standards for audio, video, images, and EPUB files.
Learn how to use XML specifications for books.
Download a sample book with features, formatting suggestions, and requirements for EPUBs on Apple Books.
Avoid common mistakes, and follow our guidelines to create books, art, and metadata optimized for Apple Books.
Follow these guidelines and best practices for creating promotional artwork.
Learn how to use Pages to create and publish stunning documents and books. Download guides for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iCloud.
Preparing Your Audiobooks
Detailed instructions for creating and preparing your audiobooks.
Format your audio files, art, and metadata to optimize the listener experience and discovery.
Use the Apple Audiobook Package to format and deliver your audiobook content to Apple Books.
Learn the basics about iTunes Connect and book delivery.
Learn about our affiliate program, tools like Link Maker and Banner Builder, badge art, and more.
Measuring Sales and Payments
Tips and guides to track your sales and payments in iTunes Connect.
Use Reporter to automate your report downloads.
Learn the requirements for getting paid and how to get the most out of your financial reports.
Use Sales and Trends to track the performance of your books.
Publishing Your Books
Detailed instructions for validating and submitting books to Apple Books.
Use Transporter to get a large catalog of books on Apple Books.
Use iTunes Producer to submit your books to Apple Books.
A technical guide for validating metadata XML files using iTunes Relax NG schemas.
Use our publishing portal to upload a new book, update a book you’ve already submitted, or set up a pre-order for a book that you’re not ready to publish yet. All you need is an iTunes Connect account for Apple Books. If you don’t have one, sign up for an account orlearn more.
Prepare your book
Before submitting your book to Apple Books, make sure it adheres to the Apple Books Formatting Guidelines.
Additionally, validate the EPUB to ensure that it complies with the EPUB formatting standards. All books submitted to Apple Books must pass the latest version of EPUBCheck.
Publish your book
Use our publishing portal to get your book onto Apple Books. Provide the EPUB file, cover image, sample, and description you’d like to appear on Apple Books.
1. Upload your book.
In the publishing portal, click Submit a New Book. Then click Continue to provide your EPUB file, cover art, and a sample. The portal validates the files to ensure they are ready for Apple Books. You can continue adding information about your book while your files are validating.
2. Add a title and description.
Enter the book title, author name, and a detailed description of your book to display on Apple Books. Complete other fields if they’re relevant.
3. Set category, language, and other info.
Choose the appropriate subject category and language. To help readers find your book, choose the category that best describes it. You can add additional categories as needed.
Choose an Interest Age. Consider the book’s general target audience. Interest Age is required for books intended for children and teenagers.
If your book contains explicit content, be sure to note that as well.
4. Enter publishing details.
Enter the publisher name or, if you’re self-publishing, enter your first and last name.
If your book was first published on another platform, enter its original publication date. If your book has never been published, this field will automatically display the Apple Books release date for your book.
When you’re ready, upload your book to iTunes Connect.
Set pricing and clearances in iTunes Connect
After your book imports, use iTunes Connect to set a price for your book and choose where you want the book to be available for purchase. Your book will not be available for purchase until you add this information.
- In iTunes Connect, select your book. Note: It can take up to 24 hours for your book to appear in iTunes Connect.
- Click Rights and Pricing.
- Add or edit countries, regions, and pricing.
- Select one or more countries and regions, and click Save.
Create a book in Pages
Publish your book with Pages
Learn more about metadata
Publish and sell books with iBooks Author
Use iBooks Author to create and submit books to Apple Books or distribute anywhere on the web.
Book creation is moving to Pages, and iBooks Author is no longer available to new users. iBooks Author can still be used on macOS 10.15 and earlier, but there will be no new updates.
iBooks Author is a free app available in the App Store on your Mac that you can use to create and publish ebooks. Using the tools in the app, you can add artwork and metadata to a book. You can also export EPUB files that you created in a different program to iBooks Author, and then sell them on Apple Books or distribute them for free.
To publish your book from iBooks Author, you must first export it as a PDF, text file, EPUB, or .ibooks file. To choose the best format for your book, first decide how you plan to distribute it.
Distribute your books on the web
You can distribute works that you create with iBooks Author on the web as a standalone purchase or subscription product or service. When you sell your book on the web, you must use a format other than .ibooks, such as PDF or EPUB. If you want to sell your work in .ibooks format, you can sell it only through the Book Store in Apple Books. When you provide a work for free, you can distribute it in any format (including .ibooks) through the Book Store or by other means.
You retain all of your rights in the content of the work that you create in iBooks Author. If you distribute your work in .ibooks format, it's subject to the distribution restrictions described above.
Publish your book with Pages
Publish your book directly to Apple Books from Pages on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or online at iCloud.com.
With Pages, you can create a book, then publish it directly to the store in Apple Books. You can customize your book during the publishing process: add a cover, set your price or offer it for free, add tags to specify age groups or subjects, set up a pre-order, customize availability by date and country or region, and more. You can also update an already submitted book.
Here's what you need
For Pages on your Apple device, here’s what you need:
For Pages online at iCloud.com, here's what you need:
Prepare to publish your book
Before you publish your book, check this list to make sure your book is ready to be published.
* A cover image must be in PNG or JPEG format, and must be at least 1400 pixels on its shortest side.
Publish your book
To publish your book, open your document in Pages, provide seller and version information, enter book information, preview and upload your book, then finalize your submission.
Open your document in Pages
- Open the Pages document that you want to publish as a book.
- On iPad or iPhone, tap the More button , then tap Publish to Apple Books.
On Mac, choose File > Publish to Apple Books.
Online at iCloud.com, click the Tools button , then choose Publish to Apple Books.
- Tap or click Continue, then sign in to iTunes Connect. If you've never signed in, on Mac click Create iTunes Connect Account. On an iPad, iPhone, or online at iCloud.com, sign up for an account.
- Tap or click Continue. Beyond this step, any changes you make to the Pages document won't appear in the published book. If you need to stop the publishing flow and make changes to the Pages document, just close the publishing window.
Provide seller and version information
Next, choose the seller of the book and the version:
- If your iTunes Connect account has more than one seller, tap or click the Seller pop-up menu, then choose a seller. All those listed in your iTunes Connect account appear in the menu—choose any as the seller.
- If you’re publishing this book for the first time, select "This is a new book." You can also update a previously submitted book.
- Click Continue.
Provide book information
After you provide seller and version information, you can choose a layout type for your book and enter other information about your book. Not every field is required, but many fields can help readers find your book in the Book Store. Here are some tips about the options on this page:
- If your Pages document is a word-processing document, choose a layout for your book. Choose Reflowable for a book that has mostly text, like a novel. In a Reflowable layout, content reflows to accommodate different devices and orientations, and readers can adjust the font size. Choose Fixed for image-heavy or multi-column documents.
- To display two-page spreads in a fixed layout book, choose Book Spread > Two Pages.
- To add a subtitle or a series name, in the Title section click the Add button . If you're not using a subtitle or series name, click the Remove button to remove the field.
- To add additional roles such as Editor, Illustrated by, Narrated by, and more, tap or click the Add button in the Author section, click the Author pop-up menu, choose a role, then enter a name.
- To help readers find your book, choose a subject category that best describes the content of your book. You can add additional categories, but Apple Books uses the first three categories you chose.
- If your book is for minors, set an interest age. Or tap or click the Interest Age pop-up menu and choose one of the school grade options:
- To set a minimum grade, set the first option only.
- To set a maximum grade, set the second option only.
- To set a grade range, set both options.
- To set a specific grade, set both options to the same grade.
- If your book is appropriate for adults only or is extremely violent, click the Contains Explicit Content pop-up menu and choose Yes.
- To set up a pre-order, tap or click the Pre-Order pop-up menu, then choose Yes. To upload your book now, click the Upload Book pop-up menu and choose Yes. After you upload your book, you’ll add pricing, territory information, and pre-order details in iTunes Connect.*
When you're ready, click Continue. If errors appear, enter the required information, then click Continue again.
* Your book won’t be available in the Book Store until you add this information in iTunes Connect after uploading your book.
Preview and upload your book
After you enter your book information and click Continue, you can preview the book and sample EPUB files. The preview EPUB files open in the Books app.
If you're publishing from Pages online at iCloud.com, the files download to the default download location on your computer.
When you’re satisfied with your sample, click Upload.
Finalize your submission
After your book successfully uploads to Apple Books, click Go to iTunes Connect. In iTunes Connect, add pricing and territory information. If you set up a pre-order, add pre-order details.
While Apple Books reviews your submission, you’ll receive status updates via email. You can also check your book's review status at any time in the My Books section of your iTunes Connect account.
Update a previously submitted book
Open the document and choose Publish to Apple Books. In the Seller screen, choose the update option. If your previously published book had a version number, create a new version number for the book. Add “what’s new” text that describes what’s changed in the new version—this will appear with your book in the Book Store.
In the other publishing windows, most information will be pre-filled, though you can change most of the metadata or other options. For example, you can specify a new page range for your sample, add a new category for your book, and more.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.
- Restaurants dauphin st mobile al
- Bugout hardware
- Fiio k5 pro
- Transformers generations action figures
- Reviews of plumbers near me
- Roblox com my groups
- Chime aws
- Paper chicken craft
- Best price drones